Pre/Post Care For
PERMANENT MAKEUP SERVICES
Our pre/post care for permanent makeup services in Texas includes instructions for all of our cosmetic tattoo services. Please follow the instructions for each service to ensure best healing results. Also, all results will vary per person depending on your lifestyle, aftercare, pigment color, skin care, and other factors. Please note that “pre” means before your appointment and “post” means after your procedure is done.
- Avoid drinking coffee, alcohol or caffeinated drinks the night before or day of procedure. These can cause excess bleeding during procedure which may cause color to ash during the healing process.
- DO NOT take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E, B6, Omega 3, Ibuprofen or blood thinners 72 hours prior to your procedure. (Tylenol is fine)
- It is recommended to schedule microblading before appointment for Botox injections. Botox can be done 48 hours AFTER microblading but Must Wait minimum of 2 weeks after Botox.
- Must Wait minimum of 2 weeks if you have received a chemical peel, dermabrasion or a laser treatment.
- Must Wait minimum of 3 days after waxing or threading.
- Smoking will cause the pigment to fade prematurely and anesthetics will not last as long.
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MICROBLADING IF:
- Pregnant or nursing, you CANNOT have tattoo services done.
- On Accutane or strong retinoids. You must wait 6 months after finishing treatments.
- Have cancer, circulatory disorders, or bleeding disorders, then a doctors note is required.
- FIRST DAY - With your aftercare cleansing solution, wipe with cotton pad 2 times a day. DO NOT get brows directly wet with contaminated water (chlorine) or over exposure with steam. Also, avoid sweat directly in brows for 7 days. Use a small amount of moisturizer in your Aftercare kit 2 times a day or as needed if brows feel dry. (Coconut oil may be a substitute)
- 2-4 DAYS - These will be the days your pigment will look the darkest. Do not worry, they lighten. Clean twice a day. Morning & evening.
- 6-8 DAYS - New skin will grow over the areas with pigment. This will create a light look to your brows. Your pigment will show through the new skin within a few days.
- AFTER 10 DAYS - Use a gentle soap for cleansing. DO NOT use ointments, cream with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows during the healing process.
- No sunbathing or tanning for 4 weeks (affects fading). If in the sun, cover brows with hat as often as possible.
- Inform skin care professional you have had microblading if any treatment is scheduled before 6 weeks of healing has finished.
- No Retinols, AHA's, exfoliating treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion or any other strong treatments for 2 weeks after your procedure. ALWAYS AVOID EYEBROW AREA
- Schedule your first (included) touch-up 6-8 weeks after your procedure.
- FIRST DAY - Use ice cubes to ease any swelling, if necessary. With your aftercare cleansing solution, pat gently once a day. Use Coconut oil or Aquifer to keep lips moisturized during healing.
- Do Not use any other lip products until after first 7 days of healing, to avoid any irritation.
- Avoid spicy, salty or citrus foods if possible. Use a straw if concerned about drinking liquids.
- If you suffer from cold sores it is highly recommend you take a preventative medication before your lip procedure. Lip Blush Tattoo can cause irritation. And, if not prevented by medication, cold sores have a higher chance of appearing.
- 2-5 DAYS - Your lips will look the darkest during this time. But don't worry as lips will lighten 30-50%.
- 6-8 DAYS - Lips will finish peeling which will create a light look to your lips. Your pigment will settle within the next 3 weeks of healing. Keep moisturizing until fully healed.
- DO NOT use ointments, cream with vitamins or antibiotics on lips during the healing process. Avoid sun bathing or tanning to prevent fading. Healing process may vary for each client. Expect a minimum of 3 weeks for lips most sensitive time.
- Do not wear mascara on the day of the procedure.
- Have your eyes free of makeup and moisturizer.
- Do bring sunglasses to wear home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
- If you wear eyeglasses, please bring those to your appointment
- Contact lenses must be removed before the procedure.
- Medical clearance from your doctor is needed for Lasik or cataract surgery patients..
- For Latisse or other eyelash serums users, discontinue use 4 weeks prior to the procedure.
- No botox injections 2 weeks prior to procedure in eye area only.
- The skin must be free of all irritations including blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- DAY 1 - In the first 4 hours, clean eye area in a padding motion to absorb excess lymph fluid. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of any blood/lymphatic fluids and lessens the chance of scabbing. DO NOT APPLY OINTMENT! Eyes may vary from slightly puffy to swollen. Ice packs can be applied for 10 minutes each hour for the first 4-8 hours following the procedure.
- DAY 2 - Wash your eyes gently in the morning and evening with lukewarm water. Instead of using a rubbing motions, dabbing is best. Allow the area to air dry before applying ointment. Use the provided aftercare ointment on the treated area with a clean Q-tip or clean finger.
- DAY 3-6 - The top layer of skin will begin to flake off in little stitch looking lines. Although some people do not notice the exfoliation. DO NOT PICK THEM – you will pull pigment out and end up with uneven color. You may use small amounts of the aftercare moisturizer, however keep to a minimum. Less is more (once a day). When taking a shower, do not over steam your shower, tilt your head back when washing hair.
- AFTER DAY 7 - Any flaking that may occur should be complete and pigment may appear light. Over the next few days pigment will settle and look more contrasted.
POST CARE FOR 3D AREOLA & NIPPLE
- Do not workout or sweat for the first 48 hours.
- Wear the same Tegaderm bandage for 7 days after procedure. Also shower with it on.
- Do not submerge in water (bath, pool, ocean, hot tub, etc.) for 14 days
EVENING OF PROCEDURE DAY
- No working out or sweating for the first 48 hours.
- Shower with Tegaderm Bandage on. Gentle remove it and lightly towel dry skin around areola leaving areola moist. Reapply new Tegaderm Bandage.
- Wear the same bandage for 7 days after procedure.
- Do not submerge in water (bath, pool, ocean, hot tub, etc.) for 14 days.
ON DAY 7
- Remove Tegaderm bandage, get in shower, clean with a gentle soap or Black Bloom's Aftercare Cleanser.
- Use fingertips for light cleansing. Examples of gentle soaps include Dial, Dove, Cetaphil.
- After the shower, sit topless and let air dry for 1 hour.
- Once dry, text a picture to tattoo artist Breanna Joy at (619)380-7999. She will determine if you need a touch-up at 6 weeks.
- If you do not wish to send a photo, your doctor can determine if you need a touch-up at your next appointment.
To complete Black Bloom Studio's Areola Waiver, please click HERE.
Please click HERE to complete Black Bloom Studio's Client Health Waiver.