Frequently Asked Questions
COSMETIC TATTOOING FAQs
With the various cosmetic tattooing services we offer, these faqs will help you find answers to frequently asked questions. Simply click on a topic below to go to that section's faqs pertaining to that service.
COMMON PMU QUESTIONS ANSWERED
All microblading services can last 1-3 years after touch-up and depending on skin type and lifestyle
Most clients report little to no pain, and would compare it to a tweezing or threading. Topical lidocaine is applied prior and during the procedure so the client can feel at ease while receiving the treatment.
Also, avoid PMU service during your period. This will make you more sensitive than normal and bleed more.
Avoiding caffeine and alcohol is also recommended as they can intensify pain more than usual.
After initial touch-up at the 6-10 week mark, highly recommended to wait at least 12 months or more. Too frequent touch ups can cause too much scar tissues.
Touch up after initial is more of a tune-up in color or shape that is based on client desire.
- Pregnant or nursing: Cannot have microblading service done.
- Brow service done by another artist (please send us photos of your brows before booking).
- Glaucoma, skin diseases such as Shingles, psoriasis or eczema on the treatment area.
- Keloid disorder, HIV/Hepatitis, Skin cancer, Hemophilia, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rosacea, Seborrheic dermatitis.
- Cancer/Taking blood thinners : Doctor’s clearance required.
- Thyroid: May can proceed with brow service, but you should know retention may not be great. May also require an extra follow-up appointment and more frequent follow-up visits.
- Vitiligo: Can perform brow service but results are never guaranteed
- Retinoid/Accutane: Must wait 6 months after taking treatment. Doctor’s clearance is required after that.
FAQ LIP BLUSH
Everyone client responds to pain and topical lidocaine differently. Think about when you’re at the dentist and they have to numb you a few times. If your tolerance for pain is low, then you’ll feel more sensation than someone who has a high tolerance for pain. Most of my clients say there are spots that are more sensitive, but overall, it’s “tolerable”.
In either case, during your sessions we do use topical anesthetics throughout to minimize the pain. Your pre/post care is super important and must be followed.
- Undergoing chemotherapy.
- Hepatitis, HIV or any infections or viral diseases.
- Cannot tolerate any pain and as a result you will flinch.
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- If you’re nursing or pregnant.
- On Accutane with the past year.
ENHANCING EYELINER FAQ
- Accutane/Retin-A: Must wait at least 6 months before tattooing the skin.
- Retinol & Vitamin A: Must discontinue use and wait one month prior to their procedure.
- Latisse or any eyelash growth serum: Discontinue for 3-6 months prior to the eyeliner procedure. Skin is hypersensitive and will bleed easily.
- Heart condition or hemophilia.
- High blood pressure are prone to more bleeding and may result in poor color retention.
- Diabetic do not heal as well.
- Allergic to lidocaine.
- Viral infections and or diseases.
- Had an organ transplant.
- Blood borne conditions such as HIV or Hepatitis.
- Skin cancer.
- Breast feeding.
- If getting cosmetic surgery you must wait approximately 6 months depending on what the doctor has advised.